It is time for a lot of color! Spring makes everything colorful.I know I have been wearing a lot of neutral make up looks, so I wanted to play around with my bright eye shadows and create a fun look for you guys.This look was inspired by a MAC PRO Quad which I put together myself. I wanted to do a look that included all the colors. Because the eyes were so super colorful, I decided to go for a soft pinky blush and pink lips.It kind of reminds me of a sunset on a meadow. Oliver said I looked like a canary haha! Little did he know that one of the eyeshadows is called 'Canary Yellow'.- Used products -
I know that this look is not for everyone, but it is meant to wear for fun and to play around with make up ;)
- Manhattan endless stay make up in porcelain (best drugstore foundation for oily combo skin)
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer in light
- Catrice 010 Blond but Brow'd 010 eyebrow pencil (discontinued) (insert sad face)
- Milani Luminous baked blush
- Mac Pro Canary Yellow e/s on the lid.
- Mac Pro Orange e/s on the outer part of the crease.
- Mac Pro Coral e/s blended in the crease.
- Mac Pro Bio Green e/s on the lower lash line.
- Mac Coffee eye pencil as an eyeliner.
- Maybelline The Rocket waterproof mascara
- Clarins 105 Peach Sorbet lipstick
One of my favorite sandwich toppings are egg salad. The best is when you make it yourself. My mom made this for the family and I just changed it up a bit to my liking. It takes about 10 minutes of your time and when you are as crazy about eggs as me, you'll love it!What you need for 4 servings:
- 4 boiled eggs (The egg yolk needs to be boiled just so that it is solid)
- 1 green onion or chives
- 2 spoons of mayonnaise of your choice
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices of cooked ham (If you are vegetarian, just leave the ham away)
- white and black pepper
- a pinch of salt
Eet smakelijk en een vrolijk Paasfeest!
- Put the eggs in the water and leave them in for 5 to 6 minutes after the water after the water has started boiling.
- Peal the eggs and take a fork to squash them.
- Add the two spoonfuls of mayonnaise. I use the Calve half fat. It is the best!
- Add the white pepper and salt and mix it.
- Cut the green onion, tomatoes and ham and join them with the eggs.
- Mix it real good and add some freshly ground black pepper and serve on toast.
Rituals is one of my favorite brands. Their shower foams are cult items and feel so luxurious even though they are not that expensive. They have expanded their range and totally got me hooked on the Organic White Lotus and Yi Yi Ren scent. Too bad that the shower foam has green tea, which funny enough is not so much my cup of tea.I got this body cream at the airport in Schiphol where I got a nice discount.During my stay in New York, I also saw a shop! Rituals is a Dutch brand and I am happy for them that they are getting really popular!Did any of you try out some Rituals goodies?Price: 200 ml €15
One of my purchases in the States is this gorgeous nail polish from Sally Hansen - 450 Kook a Mango.Although it doesn't come close to the color of a mango, it is a great warm, soft neon pink for spring. The neon level is just about right, it doesn't hurt my eyes.What I love is that the brush is super wide. It's opaque and has a creme finish. Two coats and you're good to go!For almost 15 ml you pay around $7.What are your favorite spring colors?
Let me begin by telling you that I love multi purpose beauty products, or how I like to use them for more than just what they are categorized for. For example: a lipstick as a creme blush, hand cream to take away the frizziness of my hair, aspirin to take away the redness in pimples and more.For years I have been using blushes as eyeshadows and now I have found the perfect eyeshadow that works great as a blush too. A huge bonus; it is tiny and great for traveling.I am talking about a new Catrice eyeshadow 'Payapa don't Preach'. A great name for all those that love Madonna, peaches and papaya's @Funnypilgrim.Since a while I have been searching for a nice peachy, salmony eye shadow. In my collection there was not that particular color that I wanted, but thanks to Catrice I now have it!For €2,79 a great two in one product. Perfect for spring and summer, even though I love this color all day every day, eyes, lips, face and clothing.Don't you just love it when you find a great beauty product that is affordable?
Applied on the eyes and cheeks
After all those colorful make up looks for the Epica video and promo tour, I was up for a natural look that is created within 5 minutes and makes me think that I've slept more than just 5 hours.I have been rocking this look all week with Burts Bees Rose tinted lip balm. Today I wanted a more peachy lip and searched through my collection.The Look
- Foundation - Manhattan's Endless Stay Make Up in Porcelain. This is my favorite foundation at the moment, it stays on all day, has a medium to full coverage and is super affordable.
- Concealer - Estee Lauder Double Wear Camouflage (foundation and concealer in one, I just use it as an concealer) This is amazing!
- Blush - Illamaqua 'Lover'
- Lips - MAC Dressmaker Dressmaker (LE)
- Mascara - Maybelline 'the Rocket'
- Eyebrows - Catrice 010 (discontinued)
First there was Clinique that launched the Chubby Sticks. Soon all the other brands followed.There are tints, lipsticks, lip butters, lip balms, every lip product in chubby stick shapes, you name it. My first Astor Lipbutter was 005 Pretty Poppy, a lovely orange coral. For some reason it emphasized the dry patches on my lips and I always needed to give my lips a good scrubbing before using it. Lazy as I am, it ended up in my drawer.Limited editions always get to me. The second lip butter was 020 Flirt Natural, a my lips but better color. The texture was better than Pretty Poppy and I was positively surprised.Soon my eyes wandered to the other colors in their normal range and before I knew it, Loved Up ended in my basket and I did not regret it. It is a soft nude with pinky undertones and a nice metallic sheen that won't make you look like Miss Doubtfire.They are moisturizing, comfortable and super glossy. Exactly what they write on the packaging.The shape is like a lipstick, so the application is really easy. Only little downside is that the description wears off super fast. They could also just be in a lipstick packaging, but the hype is what catches the eyes and makes you buy them. ;)The price is around €5 which is great!Do any of you own any lip butters, and what are your favorite brands?
As promised a little London haul for you!London is one of the best places to go beauty shopping. They have lovely high street products. I really wanted to get the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer since so many people raved about it and I am always on the search for the perfect concealer. I went to a couple of Superdrugs and Boots to find it. They are sold out almost everywhere! I did succeed after a while and got some other beauty products as well.
Not on the picture, but in my tummy are the Cadbury chocolate eggs. Yummy!!
- Eylure Naturalites Lashes
- Ardell Demi Wispies lashes (I already used these for a show)
- Batiste mini dry shampoo in tropical and cherry scent
- Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in warm medium
- Nivea Double Effect eye make up remover
- Real Techniques silicone liner brush (really curious if it works)
Long time no see!Things have been so crazy lately. Epica is in full promo mode and little Vinnie is taking up all of my time. I can't believe he is already 5 months old. At this moment he has 6 teeth and loves to bite me. Even though I repeatedly tell him that mommy is no food, he disagrees.The Quantum Enigma release is coming closer. Today we rehearsed some acoustic tracks and tomorrow Mark and I will fly to London for two days of promo. Really love London and hope that I can also do some shopping and eat my Ginger Chicken Udon at Wagamama.Are there any beauty must haves that I have to get while being in London? I already have my list. Curious about the Charlotte Tillbury line. Let's see if I even have time to quickly sneak out.Beauty posts are coming your way. Maybe you'd like to see a UK haul?
Picture by Tim Tronckoe, edited by Mama Simons :)
For a while now, I have been really strict with lathering on the body lotion, oils and now soufflés. It used to be a step which I always skipped after the bathing, but now I must say that I can't go without moisturizing my whole body, and not just my face.Besides Balea, I am a big Nivea fan. I managed to empty the 400 ml bodylotion version of this soufflé (soft lotion). It will be featured in another Beauty Bin.This soufflé (300 ml) has a lighter texture and is slightly more oily than the lotion and I must say that I prefer this one. It is also nicer to take with on travel. It has a more luxurious feeling when applying this to the skin. It doesn't leave the skin feeling sticky, nor does it put a weird film on your skin.My must have for glowy skin!What are your favorite body lotions/oils/soufflé?
One of my most used kitchen tools is my blender. I make soups, smoothies and sauces with it on a daily basis. Couldn't live without it! Even when we are on tour I make sure that we have a blender on the bus. The boys love it too!Here is a recipe for a quick, creamy and healthy green smoothie! This is so refreshing and saturating. It is not too sweet super creamy.Lekker lekker!!For one person you need:
Tomorrow I will try avocado, banana, soy yoghurt and a shot of vanilla mmm!Blend and slurp away!
- 1 kiwi
- Half a cucumber
- Half an avocado
- Cup of water
- 2 slices of lemon (one in the smoothie and one for decoration)
Who doesn't love food? Here's a simple, quick recipe for a tomato quiche which I posted on Instagram.What you need:
- A roll of puff pastry
- 300 gram Gruyere cheese
- Dijon mustard
- 4 big tomatoes (not too juicy)
- Black olives
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- Fresh black pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Baking/cooking spray
Warning! Do not eat this before you go on a first date :) Extreme garlic alarm...Eet smakelijk!
- Preheat the oven (upper and lower heat) to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Spray the cake pan with the cooking spray and place the puff pastry. Bake it for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes and let them leak a bit.
- Smear a thin layer of Dijon mustard on the bottom.
- The cheesy goodness comes next.
- Place the tomatoes on top of the mustard.
- Add the olives, onion rings and thyme.
- The last part is the two spoons of olive oil mixed with the pressed garlic and some freshly grounded black pepper.
- Put this heavenly (anti-vampire) dish in the oven for about 30 minutes and enjoy!
About to be baked.