Cooking is one of my passions beside the beauty blogging. Food posts are the most fun because I get to eat after. I love to follow other bloggers that combine the things that I love. Funnypilgrim and Julia Graf are both beauty blogger with a passion for food. You can find them in my link section.
Lately, Mira (Funnypilrigm) and I did a beauty/food swap. I love all things Asian and don't have an Asian Food Store nearby, so she offered to send me a package. Thanks again Mira!
Julia and I talked about a cook book from Donna Hay and before I got a chance to buy her book, I saw that my mother in law already had it. So now it is residing in my kitchen.
I browsed through it and started water mouthing right away. So many great recipes for people with little time. I will go food shopping really soon because I need to try out all of them. ;)
The hot lemon coconut pudding caught my eye (of course the desserts) and found out that I had all the ingredients in stock, so I made that right away!
What you need for two portions:
- 110 g sugar ( I used 90g, will use less on the second go)
- 2 table spoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 25 gram grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 15 gram liquid butter
- 80 ml milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix sugar, flour, coconut and baking soda.
- In a second bowl add the lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, milk and egg.
- Mix both bowls together and pour in two little cups that have been buttered up.
- Let it sit in the oven for about 20/25 minutes and enjoy!
(After the first try I have to say that I will add less sugar and more coconut for the next time)