For so long, I had no idea what to do with my Pat McGrath Duo highlighter and Balm stick. That was until the glossy lid trend came along. Lisa Eldridge, Teni and more are on the glossy band wagon. I've tried it too...
A tip that I can give you after my first attempt to shine through the sky with my 'sweaty' eyelids: Don't apply foundation or powder eye shadow underneath. My eye balls looked like the eyes of molten mannequins. ;) I can assume that with a paint pot or any waterproof creme eye shadow it will work better. If you like the creased look, go for it.
I like the glossy look, it looks really fresh and youthful. However, I can't get used to the feel of it. By the end of the day I rubbed it off, also to get rid of the creasing.
For fashion shows and shoots I can totally see faces rocking the glossy trend. It has that strong editorial feel to it. For every day use it is not comfortable enough. And you all know I am all about feeling comfortable, whether it being a hairstyle, clothing, shoes, and also make up.
On My Face
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer in '1 Linen'
- Catrice Camouflage in '020 Light Beige'
- Maybelline The Rocket in Waterproof
- Bobbi Brown 'Cabo Coral' Pot Rouge (discontinued)
- Becca 'Moonstone Poured'
- MAC Cosmetics 'Strawberry Blond' Eyebrow Pencil
- Smashbox 'Fireball' Lipstick (PR sample)
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Finish Powder in '01 Light'