One of my absolute favorite recipes, and also from my guests, is my carrot soup. It is always a real, healthy treat. The recipe that I always use can be found on www.chefkoch.de. The only part I mostly skip is adding the celery. I also like to use yoghurt instead of creme fraiche.
What you need:
- 500 gram carrots
- 3/4 liter vegetable broth
- one onion
- one clove of garlic
- 2 walnut sized pieces of ginger (I took one piece because my guests didn't like it to be spicy)
- 1 lemon for the peel (you don't need to grate the whole lemon)
- 1 spoon of honey
- 2 to 3 spoons of yoghurt
- Some butter, oil, pepper and salt
- Some garnishment of your choice (I like to use tarragon leaves)
How to prepare:
- Cut the carrots like shown on the picture. Throw them in the pan with some butter.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Let it simmer for about ten minutes.
- Once the vegetable broth is cooking, you can throw in the carrots, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Then let that simmer for 15 minutes.
- Open the blender and throw in the carrots with it's friends. Add the grated lemon peal, yoghurt and honey. Some pepper and salt should finish it off and blend away.
Make sure to taste after it's been blended and add more of whatever flavor you like to be more present. Sometimes I add more lemon peal, sometimes more yoghurt or black pepper. Feel free to experiment! Serve and decorate with some tarragon leaves.